Tuesday, September 23, 2008

recently...

Barack Obama
Sarah Palin
John McCain
The Economy
Oil
Iran's President
W
The End of The World As We Know It.


Seems there is plenty to talk about. But...I'd rather reflect on my own life. So-

I've been traveling around northern Alabama recruiting souls for the University of Mobile, eating on the school and sleeping in nice Hampton beds. It has allowed me to be away from everyone and gain some time alone. It has allowed me the opportunity to be lonely. It has allowed me the joys of reading and writing. And television. (which I never watch!) All the while just being patient, attempting to understand this unique point in my life where nothing is really...going on. Sure, there is plenty going on in this crazy world of ours, but zoom in on the life of Trey and it appears rather quiet. And I like it. Having bills and responsibilities renders life more simple than class and a lack of structure. I wake up a little earlier, go to work, then go home and spend time with those that I love. I get tired right around 10:30 and thus begin again. 6 months ago, I thought that life this way would destroy my creative, impulsive attitude. But it has actually given me a little more time and space to breathe.

This past weekend I trekked to Huntsville with my dad. Besides the fact that his truck purchase was quite the wise one, I thoroughly enjoyed the trip. I was reminded why I've always looked up to dad. He maintains a keen sense of reality at all times. Never scared of the possibilities, or the truth- he faces every situation with an attitude of courage and bold optimism. He's the kind of man that gives direction, not by silly ideals, but with sincerity in his eyes as he leads his family into the next day. Not one to extend his sentences, he sees things for what they are without losing sight of what they could be. A rock he stands for his wife and children. I love him for that. He reminded me that my head is somewhat twisted-on correctly and that I will take care of mine the way he takes care of his. I felt empowered.


Refreshed.

No comments: