Monday, June 16, 2008

learning something new everyday...











Thursday, May 22, 2008
Paris, France

The city of Paris has been a non-stop experience into some of the most beautiful historical churches and museums in the world. These places display the glory of God in ways that I have never seen. The feeling of walking into a church with almost 1,000 years of history is mind-blowing...the architecture, the murals, the chills that run through your bones as you smell of the ancient air. The reverberating sounds of ancient chants tingle the hairs on your skin. It is indescribable-so different from the quaint southern charm of hometown churches. I have seen the Mona Lisa and the palaces in Versailles. I have overlooked the city from the dome of the Sacre Cour Basillica and top of the Eiffel Tower. I have beheld the French countryside and the beaches of Normandy. These things have blown me away.

A trip as this one has the tendency to be discouraging. If conversations don't lead to something about Christ, it would be easy to discard them as pointless. What I've had to remind myself is that God is the Author of Salvation. No conversation I could muster- or building I could build- or small child I could hug could ever bring someone to the revelation of Christ. It is by His Spirit that people are drawn-not by conniving or wise words. I am so humbled and excited to be used. I will continue to be a tourist- experience this creation, breathe the air and feel these emotions. And Jesus will continue to work, whether I am here, there or back home. What a blessing to be a child of God and see grace- in all parts of the world.

No comments: