Thursday, April 28, 2011

lately

I love my wife. I have always said that she is a side of grace that I had not gotten to experience until I met her, and this continues to hold true. I have learned more in the past four years than I think I learned in the previous twenty before knowing her. I am seeing restoration and healing in fresh ways and my pious religious outlook is being broadened daily by her driving compassion. She is a beautiful gift to me and this world. For anyone eager to see a living, breathing example of grace, please look to her and share in her story.

We have been in the midst of a crazy stretch lately...

Michelle in a full-time (non-paying) internship, attempting to graduate this May, dealing with the pain of losing her mother and grandmother within 2 months of each other, living with me in a dorm with 100 dudes, at a university with a lot of "smiling" faces, looking at potential jobs and grad school...

Trey in a full-time campus job, relationally demanding, part-time worship pastor, slacking as a husband, living in a dorm with michelle (and 100 dudes), organizing a 3-week trip to europe with wife and 4 college students, looking at grad school options for the next year and trying to figure out how to love his wife more...

All this while she has been supportive, loving and gracious to me-even when it has been difficult. Through this stretch we have been learning how to love "in spite of". I am a needy soul searching for the acceptance and affirmation of everyone but Jesus, yet she loves me anyway. She is a needy soul attempting to control her circumstances that for so long were out of her control, yet I try to love her the way she deserves to be loved. It is a beautiful picture of grace. I cannot imagine life without her at my side, as God continues to use her to shape me into who I should become. It has been a rewarding time so far and I am grateful. 

Michelle graduates with a Bachelor's in Social Work from USA on May 14th.
We board the plane to Europe on May 16th. 

Life is crazy, but it is good... 

No comments: